CAPS Education Collaborative was established in 1975 to create programs and provide services for children with a wide range of special educational needs. Each CAPS program has a distinct design. Each child’s unique personality, strengths and needs are carefully studied by a team of experienced professionals. These teams along with parents create individualized programs. In each class, students have compatible skills, learning needs and styles, and behavior. Multi-disciplinary programming is provided. Therapeutic services are integrated into the curriculum and daily program. CAPS classes are integral parts of local public schools. Our students range in age from three through twenty-one. Students participate in appropriate inclusion activities. Children with low incidence special needs are placed in Collaborative classes. They receive instruction, treatment and carefully planned and supervised activities. The Collaborative’s faculty represents the disciplines of special education, clinical psychology, speech pathology and the allied health professions. Our staff is respected for their caring and sensitivity as well as their expertise. Students requiring medical attention are monitored by the nursing staff. Family/home-centered skills-training may be provided for individual students.
CAPS will be the provider of choice for regional programs and services
- To commit every aspect of the organization to providing exceptional educational opportunities for students.
- To demonstrate quality and responsiveness by becoming the first choice of districts for programs and services
- To be a customer-focused organization that constantly evaluates district needs.
- To integrate quality, integrity, respect, and teamwork into every aspect of the organization.
- To demonstrate accountability through constantly evaluating results and progress towards goals.
- To implement programs and services in the most cost-effective manner and to exercise due diligence in financial decision making.
- We will work in partnership with districts to ensure that students transition to the least restrictive environment in their home school district.
CAPS Mission Statement
CAPS Education Collaborative will work in partnership with districts to provide programs and services of the highest quality.
CAPS Education Collaborative 2012-2013 Calendars
- Jr./Sr. High School, Gateway, Kelly Day School, Gardner
- Horizons, Westminster
- LAP, Leominster
- Sr./Jr. Senators, Orange
- Odyssey, Dhhp, Fitchburg